Friday 4 April 2014

Part II of Interview With "Great Caesar" x

Hello Again!
I'm hoping your week hasn't been too bad? Well, it's
the weekend now anyway so you can just sit back and relax :)

So today as a Friday treat, I have Part II of my 
interview with Great Caesar (in case you missed Part I, 
you can find it here)

Enjoy :D

Interview with Great Caesar Part II

6. In 6 words (one for each of you) describe your music.
Earnest
Vulnerable
Sophisticated
Elegant
Anthemic
Theatrical


7. What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened whilst on stage or before/after a gig? 
One of the most memorable experiences we have was playing a show in an old tavern in Williamstown, MA. Actually, we were playing "Twist and Shout" as made famous by the Beatles, and we tripped a fuse and the power went out, leaving only drums and the horn section audible. But we led the crowd in a sing-along as someone frantically tried to get the power back on.  At the end of the "Ahhhhh, Ahhhh, Ahhhh" section, which builds and builds in intensity, the power suddenly came back on and we came crashing back into the chorus with the full power of the band. I'll never forget that moment as long as I live.



8. Have any of you got strange hobbies/habits? 
Generally we often walk around the apartment singing our own songs, but with all the lyrics replaced with really stupid and/or dirty words. I hope there is never somebody recording us in our off-time as it gets weird, fast.



9. Chips or chocolate?
Depends if we are talking about the American or UK version of "chips."  Actually, either way, 
it's definitely chocolate.




10. And finally, what are your hopes for Great Caesar's future? Can we bet on seeing you in Europe any time soon?
We have big plans for sure. We're working on a full-length album this summer, with extensive touring in the fall. I really hope we can make it over the pond, as we hear you guys are pretty keen on live music :). John and Tom both spent a lot of time over there during college, so I think they're hungering to go back. Or maybe just hungering for some fish&chips. We just gotta get the BBC hip to our music first!


I am very grateful to the band for giving me the 
chance to interview them - thanks again! 

This weekend, I am planning on going to the Norwood Feast
as part of my new places-to-see blog topic,
can't wait!

Have a nice evening,
Poppy x

No comments:

Post a Comment