Tuesday 3 June 2014

If I Could Pick Any Song......

It would be......

Stay High (Habits Remix)
By 
Tove Lo ft. Hippie Sabotage


Bio: Ebba Tove Elsa Nilsson, aka Tove Lo,
is a Swedish pop singer-songwriter as well as musician.
At 26, she has released her first EP 'Truth Serum'
and has written songs for many artists including
Icona Pop. The Stay High habits remix charted at
number 6 in the UK. 

I was recommended this song by a friend and at
first I wasn't sure about it. But after hearing it for 
the second time, I ironically became addicted.

It starts with an intriguingly repetitive
'Oh-oh' and after 15 seconds launches into an intense
beat. The lyrics are remixed to repeat and bounce around
the inside of your head - truly amazing stuff!
Tove Lo sings with desperation at needing
'something to numb the pain'. 
You can feel the hurt.

There's also the original version which is just as good but
has a slower tempo and smaller beat although the lyrics are 
just as smart and quirky (I eat my dinner in my bathtub/
then I go to sex clubs)



Crazy, I know!
Have a good evening,
Poppy x




No comments:

Post a Comment